Designed to protect or customize a vehicle’s factory upholstery, seat covers come in a wide array of options.
INSTALL LEVEL OF DIFFICULTYEASY
What Is a Seat Cover?
- Custom-fit or universal car seat covers fit over the existing seats in a vehicle. They can be removed for cleaning to maintain the overall appearance of the car's interior.
How Does a Seat Cover Work?
- There are a variety of seat covers available for almost every vehicle on the market.Seat covers are made to fit snugly over the seat underneath and allow the driver to access all control mechanisms, as well as arm rests and built in devices. Seat covers are also designed to break apart readily should the seat itself be equipped with an internal air bag, so that safety is not compromised.
How Are Seat Covers Made?
- Seat covers are made from a variety materials - including leather, cotton, polyester, and plastics - to accommodate different looks and lifestyles. They can be universal fit or specifically tailored to the make and model of the vehicle for a better fit.
Why Do Seat Covers Fail?
- Excess wear and tear if they are not regularly cleaned.
- Certain types may be incompatible with active lifestyle, children, or pets.
- Damage or destruction caused by air bag expansion.
What Are the Signs of Failure?
- Seat covers that will no longer fit properly or may begin to fray.
What Are the Consequences of Failure?
- Seats beneath may become dirty or worn.
- Uncomfortable for passengers.
If you have questions or concerns about seat covers or any of your vehicle’s components, come into your local Pep Boys where we can answer any question, help you find any part,or perform any vehicle service you might need.