Tire Balancing Service
Balancing your wheels is a cost effective way to promote safety, reduce tire wear and increase fuel efficiency. Protect your investment with our Lifetime Wheel Balancing Service.
Tire Balancing Service Packages
Pep Boys Lifetime Wheel Balancing Service
Properly balanced wheels can improve driver safety, reduce tire wear, increase fuel efficiency and minimize steering wheel vibration leading to a smoother, more comfortable ride. If you are experiencing a vibration in your steering wheel and/or through your seat, or if your tires have an irregular wear pattern, your tires may be out-of-balance. The tire professionals at Pep Boys will help protect your tire investment by maintaining the balance for the lifetime of the tire.
The Pep Boys Lifetime Tire Balancing Service includes:
- Mounting each wheel on a state-of-the-art dynamic computer-controlled spin balancing machine
- Establishing optimal balance of the tire/wheel assembly by correcting any type of imbalance
- Check and set tire pressure to your vehicle’s specification
- Service includes balancing for the life of the tire
- Courtesy Vehicle Inspection
- An out-of-balance wheel will typically create a vibration or shake that becomes progressively worse as the vehicle's speed increases. The speed at which the vibration first becomes apparent will vary depending on the size and weight of the tires and wheels, the size and weight of the vehicle, the sensitivity of the steering and suspension, and the amount of imbalance. The vibration or shake usually starts in at 40 to 50 mph and becomes more intense as your speed increases.
*** Servicing a hybrid vehicle usually requires removal of trunk access panel for power supply access, shut off and reconnection
A shop supply fee will be an additional charge (except in NY and CA) of 9.99% up to $35.00. Each individual work order will identify and apply any applicable shop supply charge.
Select a Model Year
Select a Make
Select a Model
Select an Engine