Filter Replacement Services
Filters can be an afterthought when it comes to car maintenance. However, as the filters in your car degrade, so does its performance. Schedule an appointment with Pep Boys today and keep your car performing its best with new filters.
Make an Appointment Now
$5 off Cabin Air Filter Replacement Service
Once you have finished scheduling your appointment you will receive a printable coupon to take with you to your service appointment.
LEARN MORE ABOUT FILTERS
Transmission Filter Warning Signs
Leaking transmission fluid is one of the easiest ways to determine your car needs attention. If the transmission filter i s not fitted properly, it could result in leakage. Learn the transmission warning signs today to keep you safe.
Air Filter Warning Signs
Air filters have a critical part in delivering maximum power to your engine by allowing airflow and keeping harmful contaminants out of your intake manifold and valve train.If you think your air filter is dirty and may need replacing, visit Pep Boys to have it checked and replaced.
Oil Filter Warning Signs
Oil filters are one of the most critical maintenance items in your vehicle. Poor performing or low grade filters can allow dirt and harmful contaminants into the engine, causing harm to your car. Learn more about oil warning signs to keep you safe.
Replacement Filter Service Packages
Air Filter Installation
A clean air filter works to keep harmful airborne contaminants from entering your car’s engine. Those contaminants could have a negative impact on your engine’s performance, such as reduced horsepower.
Pep Boys checks your air filter every oil change and recommends replacing it as specified by your vehicle's manufacturer.
- *Free installation offered on Promotive Air Filters
Cabin Air Filter Installation
Cabin air filters are designed to:
- Protect drivers and passengers against pollen, smoke, smog, mildew, dander, fungus, mold spores, dust, airborne allergens and other pollutants and contaminants while in their vehicle.
Replacing your cabin air filter regularly is a vital action you can take to keep all contaminants out of the air when driving.
- Inspect your cabin air filter every year or 12,000 miles.
- When it’s time, a Pep Boys specialist will install your new cabin air filter.
Fuel Filter Replacement Installation
Fuel filters are located outside the gas tank – to combat pollutants from reaching vital parts of your engine.
What happens when your Fuel Filter clogs?
- Dirt can prevent gas from reaching the engine, resulting in declining performance and poor gas mileage.
- Fuel filters require routine maintenance and should be serviced regularly.
Pep Boys will check and replace your fuel filter to keep your fuel system delivering optimal results.
Automatic Transmission Filter Replacement with Complete Fluid Change
Transmission fluid lubricates your vehicle’s transmission ensuring that it sends the necessary power through your vehicle enabling it to properly run.
Why change your Transmission Filter?
- A dirty transmission filter may block the flow of transmission fluid to your vehicle’s transmission.
- Transmission filters trap potentially damaging particles while supplying the necessary amount of fluid to your transmission, prolonging its life and maximizing its efficiency.
- We recommend replacing your transmission filter as specified by your vehicle’s manufacturer.
The experts at Pep Boys will check and replace your transmission filter to keep your transmission delivering optimal results every time! Complete transmission fluid exchange is included with every automatic transmission filter replacement.
- NOTE: Pricing of Filter Replacement Installations may vary depending on make and model of vehicle. See your store associate for pricing
*** Servicing a hybrid vehicle usually requires removal of trunk access panel for power supply access, shut off and reconnection
A shop supply fee will be an additional charge (except in NY and CA) of 9.99% up to $35.00. Each individual work order will identify and apply any applicable shop supply charge.