Ideally, it’s best to have a set of snow tires and a set of warm weather tires, both mounted on separate sets of rims - use snow tires only in the winter, and use the other set only during the warmer months. This will ultimately allow you to get your money’s worth out of the tires since neither set will be used year round. If you’d rather not use snow tires, snow chains are an inexpensive alternative.
This studdable winter tire is great for passenger vehicles, light trucks, crossovers and SUVs, and is designed to offer high levels of traction at low temperatures.
- Multi-angle sipe system featuring 270 degrees of sipes with biting edges that maximize snow, ice and wet traction in all directions
- Directional tread pattern with center stability rib, which provides active water evacuation while the solid center rib provides straight-line stability
- Reactive contour technology (RCT) reacts to different road conditions to maintain enhanced contact with road surface throughout the life of the tire
- All-weather dual tread compound features a mixture of natural rubber and silica rubber compound that maintains cold-weather flexibility and provides excellent wet traction and long even tread wear
- Unique grooves and sipes combine with a modern compound to offer outstanding performance in low temperatures