Car Battery Services
At the heart of your vehicle is the car battery. In addition to offering premium car battery services, Pep Boys adds the reassurance that work on your vehicle is being done by a trained professional technician. Schedule an appointment to have your car battery tested or replaced so it doesn’t leave you stranded when you need it the most.
LEARN MORE ABOUT BATTERIES
While it might seem like a random occurrence, your car battery will sometimes give you clues its charge is deteriorating. Learn the battery warning signs today to keep you safe.
How to Test a Car Battery
Do you remember when you last had your battery serviced? If it’s been a while, or it has been a rough season for your battery, now is the time to test it yourself or bring your car into Pep Boys for a free battery test.
Find the Best Battery for Your Car
When your car battery dies, your vehicle will no longer run – potentially leaving you stranded. Learn how to buy the best battery for your car today.
Car Battery Service Packages
Pep Boys Professional Car Battery Installation Service
It is critical for your car battery and related electrical components to operate flawlessly. Without them, your car won’t function. Pep Boys’ car battery installation service is performed by technicians trained on how to service complex starting and charging systems.
- Removal and recycling of old car battery
- Inspection and cleaning of the car battery tray and cable terminal ends
- Memory saver device to maintain settings of car radio, clock, seats and other components
- Complete starting and charging system evaluation
- Installation of your choice of one of the following car batteries
- Champion car batteries – beginning at $117.99 +
- Proven durability backed by a 30-month, free-replacement warranty
- The grid inside gives you the power of a Champion with every start
- True Champion power meets the increasing energy demands of today’s vehicles
- Current flow is optimized for consistent power over the life of the battery
- Designed to help reduce corrosion and consistently produce reliable starting power
- Built to stay strong in extreme hot and cold temperatures
- Bosch car batteries – beginning at $116.99 +
- With over 80 years of technological innovation, Bosch delivers unsurpassed quality and best-in-class performance
- Designed with a corrosion-resistant structure to prevent sulfating and provide the longest battery life
- Constructed to deliver maximum cold-cranking amps that will meet or exceed your vehicles original equipment specifications
- Even in extreme temperatures, the Bosch Premium battery provides reliable starting power
- Comes with 3-year free battery replacement coverage and emergency jumpstart guarantee
- Bosch AGM car batteries – beginning at $118.99 +
- Advanced, high-performance Bosch Platinum Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) technology, designed to deliver up to 2X the life of conventional flooded batteries.
- Bosch Platinum AGM is safer. Build with a leak and spill-proof design and ruggedized case to outlast ordinary batteries even when subjected to severe vibration.
- Bosch Platinum AGM boasts enhanced charge acceptance for fast recharge time and the ability to deliver to meet the rigorous demands of today’s many power-robbing accessories.
- Bosch Platinum AGM is better built, manufactured with EnergyLife Technology for greater energy capacity, excellent conductivity and maximum life.
- Bosch Platinum AGM batteries are 100% maintenance free!
- Bosch Platinum AGM is backed by the confidence of a full 4-year free replacement warranty.
- Need a jumpstart? Bosch Premium Performance car batteries promise a 3-year FREE emergency jumpstart!
- ProStart car batteries – beginning at $119.99 +
- PROSTART batteries feature advanced technology for prolonged battery life and performance
- Long-life alloys provide protection against battery corrosion, providing an excellent battery replacement option
- Comes with 2-year free battery replacement coverage
- Limited availability
Pep Boys Car Battery Protection Service - $9.99
It’s well known that cold temperatures can affect your car battery. Extreme temperatures in either direction can lead to corrosion on its terminals. Car battery protection service helps keep your newly installed car battery corrosion-free throughout every season.
- Chemical cleaning of car battery cable connectors
- Installation of acid-neutralizing felt terminal post washers
- Application of anti-corrosion sealant to car battery terminals
* Applies to most vehicles; for a limited number of vehicles with batteries in hard-to-access locations and vehicles that require the engine control module/unit to be "flashed," labor charges may apply
** Some batteries may not be offered for some vehicles
*** Servicing a hybrid vehicle usually requires removal of trunk access panel for power supply access, shut off and reconnection
A shop supply fee will be an additional charge (except in NY and CA) of 9.99% up to $35.00. Each individual work order will identify and apply any applicable shop supply charge.