Car Battery Services
In addition to offering premium battery services, Pep Boys provides the reassurance that your vehicle is being fixed by a trained professional technician. Whether your car battery is failing or you believe you have an issue with an alternator or starter, we have you covered.
LEARN MORE ABOUT BATTERIES
Is it Time for a New Battery?
While it might seem like a random occurrence, your car battery will sometimes give you clues its charge is deteriorating. Learn the battery warning signs today to keep you safe.
How to Test a Car Battery
Do you remember when you last had your battery serviced? If it’s been a while, or it has been a rough season for your battery, now is the time to test it yourself or bring your car into Pep Boys for a free battery test.
Find the Best Battery for Your Car
When your car battery dies, your vehicle will no longer run – potentially leaving you stranded. Learn how to buy the best battery for your car today.
Car Battery Service Packages
Pep Boys Professional Battery Installation Service
As vehicles' electrical systems become more complex, it is critical for the battery and related electrical components to operate flawlessly. Our battery installation service is performed by professional technicians who are trained on how to service complex starting and charging systems.
The Pep Boys Professional Battery Installation Service* includes:
- Use of Memory Saver Device to maintain the memorized settings of components, such as the radio, seats and mirrors
- Removal and recycling of the old battery
- Inspection and cleaning of the battery tray and cable terminal ends
- PROSTART Complete Starting & Charging System Evaluation
- Installation of your choice of the following batteries**
- Champion Branded Batteries - AS LOW AS $117.99 +
- Proven durability backed by a 30-month, free-replacement warranty
- The grid inside gives you the power of a Champion with every start
- True Champion power meets the increasing energy demands of today’s vehicles
- Current flow is optimized for consistent power over the life of the battery
- Designed to help reduce corrosion and consistently produce reliable starting power
- Built to stay strong in extreme hot and cold temperatures
- Bosch Premium Branded Batteries - AS LOW AS $116.99 +
- With over 80 years of technological innovation, Bosch delivers unsurpassed quality and best-in-class performance
- Designed with a corrosion-resistant structure to prevent sulfating and provide the longest battery life
- Constructed to deliver maximum cold-cranking amps that will meet or exceed your vehicles original equipment specifications
- Even in extreme temperatures, the Bosch Premium battery provides reliable starting power
- Comes with 3-year free battery replacement coverage and emergency jumpstart guarantee
- Bosch AGM Branded Batteries - AS LOW AS $118.99 +
- Advanced, high-performance Bosch Platinum Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) technology, designed to deliver up to 2X the life of conventional flooded batteries.
- Bosch Platinum AGM is safer. Build with a leak and spill-proof design and ruggedized case to outlast ordinary batteries even when subjected to severe vibration.
- Bosch Platinum AGM boasts enhanced charge acceptance for fast recharge time and the ability to deliver to meet the rigorous demands of today’s many power-robbing accessories.
- Bosch Platinum AGM is better built, manufactured with EnergyLife Technology for greater energy capacity, excellent conductivity and maximum life.
- Bosch Platinum AGM batteries are 100% maintenance free!
- Bosch Platinum AGM is backed by the confidence of a full 4-year free replacement warranty.
- Need a jumpstart? Bosch Premium Performance car batteries promise a 3-year FREE emergency jumpstart!
- ProStart Branded Batteries - AS LOW AS $119.99 +
- PROSTART batteries feature advanced technology for prolonged battery life and performance
- Long-life alloys provide protection against battery corrosion, providing an excellent battery replacement option
- Comes with 2-year free battery replacement coverage
* Applies to most vehicles; for a limited number of vehicles with batteries in hard-to-access locations and vehicles that require the engine control module/unit to be "flashed," labor charges may apply
** Some batteries may not be offered for some vehicles
*** Servicing a hybrid vehicle usually requires removal of trunk access panel for power supply access, shut off and reconnection
A shop supply fee will be an additional charge (except in NY and CA) of 9.99% up to $35.00. Each individual work order will identify and apply any applicable shop supply charge.