MSD Blaster 2 Coil Chrome w/ Ballast & Hardware
If you are looking to upgrade your stock coil, or want to compliment the performance of your MSD Blaster Ignition, MSD 5, 6 or 7, the Blaster Coil line is the right choice. All of the Blaster Coils are designed for improved spark output! Special 100:1 windings are used to provide maximum build-up of voltage! These windings are held secure and kept cool in an oil filled metal canister. The tower assembly is molded of durable alkyd material due to its high dielectric characteristics while wide spaced brass primary terminals prevent the possibility of spark. There are several versions of the Blaster Coil available. All of them have the same internal specifications, but have different housings or components. Each Blaster Coil can be used with a stock ignition, Blaster Ignition, MSD 5, 6 or 7 Ignition Control. Most late model vehicles with electronic ignitions do not require a ballast resistor, check your ignition and manufacturers specifications to determine if a ballast is required in your application.The Blaster 2 Coils are supplied with a 0.8 ohm ballast resistor and a terminal and boot to fit most applications. The ballast resistor must be used with stock Points Ignition and Mallory Unilite applications.
- Improved output coil for stock points or electronic ignitions, Blaster Ignition or MSD 5, 6, and 7 Series
- MSD Blaster coils pu out 45,00 V, which are 15,000 more than stock
- 100:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- Chrome metal canister is filled with a premium grade oil for cooling
- Supplied with two spark plug wire boots, terminals and a ballast resistor (required if used with stock points ignition)
- CARB E.O. Approved