Proform Ford HEI Distributor
HEI Distributor; Street/Strip Version; Built-In Coil With Magnetic Trigger; Features Black Cap; Fits Ford 351C-460 Engines; Comes With An Iron Gear and With Not Work With Factory Roller Cams; Made From Billet Aluminum With Natural Finish
- Fits Ford 289 - 302 (5.0).
- Utilizing the durable and dependable High Energy Ignition (HEI) system pioneered by GM, distributor avoids the unsightly wiring of stock Ford electronic ignition systems with a one-piece distributor with an internally positioned coil and module.
- Easy to install: just connect one 12-volt hot wire to the distributor (has optional tach hook-up).
- These units offer calibrated advance curves that are optimized for maximum combustion efficiency and for the elimination of detonation damage and throttle ping.
- Assembled from precision-madeparts for advance curve smoothness.
- Offers longer term durability and a higher voltage spark that permits a bigger spark plug gap, resulting in more power and reduced plug fouling.
- Each unit includes a high-power coil, a premium hi-dielectric cap with brass terminals, and a low-saturation ignition module.
- By eliminating the stock-Ford ballast resistor, more ignition voltage results in improved spark.
- Incorporates easily found High Energy Ignition (HEI) replacement parts.
- Has upper and lower bushings (stock Ford distribs only have a single bushing).