The starter is a high-torque electric motor that converts electricity from the battery to start your vehicle's engine.
The alternator charges your vehicle's battery, powering the electric system while the engine's running.
The battery is your vehicle's heart, supplying the cranking power to start the engine.
Your vehicle may need service if:
- Your engine will not crank or cranks slowly
- Your dashboard warning lights stay on after the engine is running
- Some electrical components or accessories aren't working right
- Your battery terminals show corrosion
- Your fuses keep blowing or are missing
- You had to jump start your vehicle to bring it to Pep Boys