Never open battery caps with your face directly over the battery. Use baking soda or an approved cleaning agent to neutralize any spilled acid.
- Never smoke in battery charging areas.
- Keep tools and other metallic objects away from uncovered batteries.
- Do not strike the sides of the battery with any tool that could produce a spark.
- Have a dry-chemical fire extinguisher in charging areas or readily available.
- Neutralize static buildup before touching a battery by contacting the nearest grounded surface.
Always handle batteries in a well ventilated area.
- Never touch both battery terminals with your bare hands at the same time.
- Remove rings, watches and dangling jewelry when working with or near batteries.
- Only use insulated/non-conducting tools to remove cell caps. Never lay tools or other metal parts on top of a battery.
- Exposed terminals, even on disconnected batteries, are an electrical shock hazard.
- Ensure charger is turned off before connecting or disconnecting a battery to prevent arcing.
Before starting any project, always consult your owners manual for additional information. When it doubt, bring your vehicle into your closest Pep Boys. Let us take care of it for you.