Advances in headlight technology offer a number of different bulb options, including Halogen and HID (High Intensity Discharge). Depending on your driving habits, you may want to consider upgrading your bulbs for increased brightness and/or higher color temperature.
- Chances are good that if you’ve never replaced your vehicle’s headlight bulbs you have halogen bulbs. They typically last about 500 hours, but will lose brightness as they age.
- Pepboys has a large selection of Halogen bulbs to fit your driving needs and budget.
- HID bulbs use xenon gas and provide a strong bluish-white light.
- The lifespan of HID bulbs can be up to 2,000 hours and provide environmental benefits as they require less power to operate.
- First, identify the size bulb your vehicle requires by consulting your owner’s manual or removing the existing bulb and checking the size printed on the base of the bulb.
- Once you have the correct bulb replacement, most headlights can be accessed through the hood at the back of the headlight assembly. Always consult your owner’s manual for your vehicle’s specific replacement and safety instructions.
- On rare occasions, your vehicle may require additional steps to access the headlight assembly (example: going through the tire well) and can even call for professional installation.
The professionals at Pep Boys are ready to help and can answer any questions you may have on finding and installing the right headlight bulb for your vehicle. Visit Wiper Blade and Headlight Services or stop by your local Pep Boys store for more information.