Our goal is to ensure that you are completely satisfied with the product(s) you purchased. If for any reason you are not satisfied, simply return your purchase in its original packaging with the original receipt within 90 days of the purchase date for a full refund or replacement.Returns with No Receipt
No receipt, no problem. If you do not have your receipt, you may return your purchase for an in–store credit at our lowest selling price during the previous 30 days. You will need to provide a valid form of government issued, photo identification to return an item without a receipt. Paid by Check
If you paid by check, we will accept your return after the 15th day after the date of purchase.Products Which We Do Not Accept for Return
Products with Return Limitations
- Performance accessories, electrical items, mobile electronics and tire chains cannot be returned if they have been installed
- Test equipment, specialty tools and Traxxas cars cannot be returned if they have been used and/or the packaging has been opened or damaged
- Clearance merchandise
- Motorized transportation and generators can be returned if returns of those items are authorized by the manufacturers of those products.
Return of New/Unused Power Equipment
- Batteries, starters and alternators can be returned, subject in-store testing to verify failure
- Special order merchandise and uninstalled tire chains can be returned, subject to a 20% restocking fee
Power equipment returns are subject to a 10% restocking fee. Power equipment products will be accepted for return within 30 days of the date of purchase if accompanied by a receipt and/or invoice, and meets the following criteria:
Exchange of Used/Defective Power Equipment
- The power equipment is in its original, factory-sealed packaging, with any and all parts, components, manuals and returned in the same condition in which it was purchased
- Pep Boys reserves the right to determine if power equipment being returned shows signs of use. Signs of use include any gasoline or gasoline residue in the fuel tank or engine, as well as any signs of damage or wear.
Defective Power Equipment may be exchanged for the same product if returned to the store within 15 days of the date of purchase and meets the following criteria:
Power Equipment Return/Exchange Policy Customer Acknowledgment Form
- The customer has contacted the manufacturer/supplier, the manufacturer/supplier was unable to resolve the issue and manufacturer/supplier issued a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number. The customer is responsible for obtaining the RGA number prior to the return of the power equipment at the Pep Boys store. Pep Boys is unable to obtain RGA numbers and cannot exchange the defective power equipment without an RGA number. Customers may use that RGA number to exchange the power equipment, including all parts, components and manuals at the Pep Boys store where the power equipment was originally purchased.
- All fluids must be removed from power equipment prior to the return. It is the customer’s responsibility to store or dispose of all fluids and to do so in compliance with any and all applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
You will be required to complete and sign the form at the time of the return or exchange.Refund of State Sales Tax
In some states, sales tax is non-refundable without a receipt or after a state-specified time period. If your purchase was made in one of those states, the refund of any sales tax will be in accordance with applicable state law.Service Warranty
Automotive service and installed parts are warranted for 90 days or 4,000 miles, whichever comes first, unless different warranty terms are specified on the invoice. Please see the “Limited Warranties” page of your invoice for further details on the warranty on service and installed parts.Power Equipment Warranty
Defective power equipment will be repaired or replaced under the terms of the applicable manufacturer’s warranty. Please refer to the owner’s manual or contact the manufacturer/supplier at the following customer service telephone number listed for additional warranty details or product information for the duration of the product warranty period: IMS ETQ/UST, 866-797-2738, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM PST, Monday–Friday. Defective returns, which occur 15 days after the date of purchase, are handled directly by the manufacturer/supplier and their warranty centers.
For additional information on the In-Store Return Policy, you are also welcome to contact us at email@example.com
or 1-800-PEP-BOYS (737-2697).
To return item(s) from an online order to our online return processing center, please see our Online Returns Policy
Last updated 10/1/2012