Don't Take Wheel Alignment for Granted
Every driver expects their vehicle to have a straight steering wheel and travel in a straight line, without deviation, unless they're turning.
In a turn, the vehicle should travel only where it's steered and return to center when you complete the turn.
This seems to be such a simple idea that we often take wheel and suspension alignment for granted. Because of this, many drivers neglect or forget about their wheel alignment until there is a problem.
If you experience any of the symptoms below, bring your car into Pep Boys for an alignment inspection.
- Your steering wheel is not straight when driving on a level road
- You hear unusual noises in your suspension system
- The vehicle wanders from one side of a lane to the other
- Your vehicle pulls or drifts to one side when traveling in a straight line or when braking
- You feel vibration in the steering wheel or through your vehicle's seat
- The vehicle's steering feels loose
- You haven't had a wheel alignment in a long period of time
- Your tires are wearing unevenly
- Tires are squealing on turns
- The steering wheel does not return easily after a turn.
Correct alignment is critical to safely controlling your vehicle, braking stability, extending tire life, and ensuring a comfortable ride. The complexity of modern suspension systems requires careful measurements at all four wheels and precise adjustments. Many vehicle service centers will only suggest or offer front wheel alignment. However, the nationally-certified technicians at Pep Boys recommend all four wheels receive a computerized analysis to ensure maximum alignment accuracy of your vehicle's complete suspension.
It is extremely important that your vehicle's front wheels are aligned to the rear wheels. Only aligning the front will not take the rear wheel into consideration, causing crooked steering and an ill-handling vehicle.
When you require inspection, adjustment, or repairs, trust Pep Boys to smooth out your road.