Extra High Performance Diesel Engine Oil
Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 10W-30 and 15W-40 are extra high performance diesel engine oils that help extend engine life in the most severe on and off-highway applications while delivering outstanding performance in modern, high-output, low-emission engines including those with Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) and Aftertreatment Systems with Diesel Particulate Filters (DPFs) and Diesel Oxidation Catalysts (DOCs). Fully backwards compatible, Mobil Delvac 1300 Super will also deliver the same exceptional performance in older conventional engines. As a result, they meet or exceed the requirements of the API CJ-4, CI-4 PLUS and CH-4 service categories as well as key Original Equipment Manufacture (OEM) requirements for 2007 engines.
Mobil Delvac 1300 Super is the result of extensive cooperative development work with major OEMs and is recommended for use in a wide range of heavy duty applications and operating environments found in the trucking, mining, construction, quarrying, and agricultural industries. These products will provide outstanding protection in the most demanding diesel engines of Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Mack, Mercedes Benz, Navistar, Volvo, and others. Mobil Delvac 1300 Super also meets the requirements of the API SM specification for gasoline engines and mixed fleets.
Features and Benefits
As engine designs change in response to tougher emissions restrictions imposed by the EPA, the performance demand on engine lubricants likewise increases in order to compensate for the harsher environments that new engine designs bring with them. New engines (model-year 2007 and beyond) will come equipped with aftertreatment devices installed in the engine exhaust stream which will require the use of both API CJ-4 oils and ultra-low sulfur fuels to function properly. Additionally, new engines using EGR will generate even higher levels of acid, soot and heat than older EGR engines due to substantially increased EGR rates compared to previous EGR designs.
Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 10W-30 and 15W-40 are formulated with a) optimized baseoil technology containing severely hydroprocessed base stocks, b) patented Trimer* additive technology and c) a mixed detergent system to deliver cutting-edge performance in both new and older engines. In addition to assuring excellent control of oil thickening due to soot build-up and outstanding TBN retention for long drain intervals, Mobil Delvac 1300 Super's advanced technology also provides outstanding resistance to oil consumption, oxidation, corrosive and abrasive wear, and high temperature deposits.
* Trimer additive technology is a patented additive technology that imparts outstanding wear performance, effective oxidation resistance and improved frictional properties while contributing little to the overall ash content enabling Mobil Delvac 1300 Super to deliver performance beyond the boundaries of industry requirements of API CJ-4.
- Superior soot-viscosity control
- Outstanding thermal and oxidative stability
- Excellent oil consumption control
- Outstanding TBN reserves
- Stay-in-grade shear stability
- Excellent low temperature pumpability
- Superb resistance to corrosive and abrasive wear
- Component compatibility
- Meets demanding specifications of key OEMs and latest API gasoline service category
Advantages and Potential Benefits
- Greater engine efficiency, long engine life and long oil life
- Reduced low temperature sludge build-up and high temperature deposits
- Lower oil costs due to less make-up oil during operation
- Improved corrosion protection and extended drain intervals for both new and old engines using either low (500ppm) or ultra-low (15ppm) sulfur diesel fuel
- Maintains viscosity in severe, high temperature service for greater wear protection and long engine life
- Faster oil flow and reduced wear during engine start-up in low temperatures
- Long life of critical wear surfaces
- Long gasket, seal, and aftertreatment (DPF and DOC) life
- One engine oil for mixed fleet operations
- Specifically recommended for the latest low-emissions, high performance diesel applications equipped with aftertreatment systems using Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) and Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) technologies.
- Recommended for high-performance diesel applications including turbo-charged designs featuring EGR Technology and diesel applications using older, naturally aspirated conventional designs.
- On-highway heavy-duty trucking and off-highway including: construction, mining, quarrying, and agriculture.
- On-highway applications operating in both high speed/high load and short haul pick-up/delivery.
- Off-highway applications operating in severe low speed/heavy load conditions using either low (500ppm) or ultra low (15ppm) sulfur fuels.
- Recommended for use in high performance gasoline engines and mixed fleet operations.
- Diesel-powered equipment from American and European OEMs