Snow & Winter TiresDesigned to give you the best possible grip in snow, snow tires feature a large amount of sipes (grooves) that help the tread to bite through the snow, resulting in improved traction in winter driving conditions. They are also made from a softer rubber that won't harden when the temperatures drop so the tire gets a better grip on the road when it's cold out, regardless of snow or rain. Some snow tires also have metal studs to improve grip in icy conditions. Studded tires are only legal in certain states during the winter months.More >
- A "Standard" tire is the size your vehicle's manufacturer recommends. You most likely purchased your vehicle with standard sized tires.
- An "Optional" tire is often larger than the standard and considered to be an upgrade. Note that if you currently have standard tires and want to upgrade to optional tires, you will also need to purchase new wheels.
20900-A Frederick Rd
Germantown, MD 20876
Hankook Winter i*PikeThe Winter i*Pike, a high performance, studdable winter tire, is designed for a wide range of passenger vehicles. A unique V-shaped tread design delivers exceptional traction and control in all winter driving conditions.
- SCCT (Stiffness Control Contour Theory) technology and sidewall stiffness control dramatically improves performance
- Enhanced tread strength for fast steering response and long tread life
- High-strength bead construction for maximum steering response, high-speed stability, and durability
The Pep Boys Difference
- Providing Auto Service Solutions since 1921
- ASE Certified Technicians
- State-of-the-Art Technology
- 6,000 Service Bays Nationwide
- Participation in the Motorist Assurance Program and, OUR PLEDGE