Performance TiresManeuverability, excellent traction, and great overall grip are what make a performance tire. Generally, performance tires boast characteristics such as stiff sidewalls and a soft rubber composition, to name a few. The attributes allow drivers to stop fast and react quickly. It's important to note that because performance tires typically have stiff sidewalls though, they don't offer a lot of give, which may result in a rougher ride. Also, the soft rubber composition can cause performance tires to wear faster. Depending on the specific tire, there may be a low mileage warranty or none at all.More >
- A "Standard" tire is the size your vehicle's manufacturer recommends. You most likely purchased your vehicle with standard sized tires.
- An "Optional" tire is often larger than the standard and considered to be an upgrade. Note that if you currently have standard tires and want to upgrade to optional tires, you will also need to purchase new wheels.
Section WidthMeasured in millimeters from the outer sidewall to the inner sidewall at the widest point when mounted.
Aspect RatioThe ratio between the height of the sidewall and its Section Width, expressed as a percentage. The lower the number, the lower the "profile" of the tire.
Wheel DiameterMost wheel rim diameters are measured in inches, and are known as "inch rim" sizes. These are found on most cars, vans, SUVs and light trucks. Some heavy trailers, van and trucks use a half-inch measure. In addition, some rims are measured in millimeters. It's very important that your tire and wheel diameter match exactly. This should be confirmed before installation.
20900-A Frederick Rd
Germantown, MD 20876
Hankook Ventus V12 evoA new concept in ultra-high performance tires that delivers exceptional control, braking and comfort. Engineered to provide superior handling and feedback in extreme driving conditions, the Ventus V12 evo delivers ultra-high performance.
- Solid center rib block enhances breaking performance
- Wide linear grooves and an aggressive Y-shape pattern design effectively channels water away from the tire
- Tread pattern provides more even ground contact when cornering
The Pep Boys Difference
- Providing Auto Service Solutions since 1921
- ASE Certified Technicians
- State-of-the-Art Technology
- 6,000 Service Bays Nationwide
- Participation in the Motorist Assurance Program and, OUR PLEDGE