Driven by passion and innovation, Nitto Tire creates tires for those who are enthusiastic about their vehicles. Nitto combines modern aesthetics with cutting-edge technology to deliver some of the most radical-looking tire designs on the market today.More >>
- A "Standard" tire is the size your vehicle's manufacturer recommends. You most likely purchased your vehicle with standard sized tires.
- An "Optional" tire is often larger than the standard and considered to be an upgrade. Note that if you currently have standard tires and want to upgrade to optional tires, you will also need to purchase new wheels.
Section WidthMeasured in millimeters from the outer sidewall to the inner sidewall at the widest point when mounted.
Aspect RatioThe ratio between the height of the sidewall and its Section Width, expressed as a percentage. The lower the number, the lower the "profile" of the tire.
Wheel DiameterMost wheel rim diameters are measured in inches, and are known as "inch rim" sizes. These are found on most cars, vans, SUVs and light trucks. Some heavy trailers, van and trucks use a half-inch measure. In addition, some rims are measured in millimeters. It's very important that your tire and wheel diameter match exactly. This should be confirmed before installation.
20900-A Frederick Rd
Germantown, MD 20876
NITTO ENGINEERS-AHEAD OF THE CURVE
By incorporating computer-modeled designs for road noise reduction and a program that aids in enhancing dynamic contact points while driving, Nitto's engineers successfully identify and counteract undesirable tire response in a variety of driving conditions. In addition, the tested technological advances in polymer tread compounds allow the engineers to deliver truly high-quality tires that provide extended tread life, improved traction on both wet and dry roads, and inspire driver satisfaction.
The NT420S was specifically engineered to provide confidence in rain or shine. The outer shoulder has large, continuous blocks designed to improve dry traction, while the inner shoulder channels away water for wet performance. The NT420S has a non-directional tread pattern that can be rotated front to back and side-to-side. This freedom of rotation can provide even wear across the tread and reduce irregular wear that is commonly associated with directional tires. Even wear ensures a quieter, more comfortable ride and longer tread life. The result is a stress-free, high performance radial tire.
- Excellent all-season performance
- Enhanced dry performance
- Asymmetrical tread pattern
- Siping on the inner shoulder blocks cut through the tin film of water on the road surface optimizing wet traction
- Center circumferential groove and curved lateral grooves help evacuate water to keep the tread pattern in contact with the road for optimal wet weather performance
- Tread compound utilizes silica, reinforcing the tread blocks to prevent tread flex keeping you better connected to the road while improving wet handling and braking
- Large outer blocks increase the amount of surface area in contact with the road for better dry cornering and handling
The Pep Boys Difference
- Providing Auto Service Solutions since 1921
- ASE Certified Technicians
- State-of-the-Art Technology
- 6,000 Service Bays Nationwide
- Participation in the Motorist Assurance Program and, OUR PLEDGE