As the world's leading tire manufacturer, Michelin has helped to advance the mobility of goods and people for over 120 years. From the very beginning, the Michelin name has meant innovation. Now with an absolute dedication to improving sustainable mobility, including global road safety, Michelin tires are available for every type of vehicle - planes, cars, trucks and bikes, construction machinery, farm equipment and even the space shuttle.More >>
- A "Standard" tire is the size your vehicle's manufacturer recommends. You most likely purchased your vehicle with standard sized tires.
- An "Optional" tire is often larger than the standard and considered to be an upgrade. Note that if you currently have standard tires and want to upgrade to optional tires, you will also need to purchase new wheels.
Section WidthMeasured in millimeters from the outer sidewall to the inner sidewall at the widest point when mounted.
Aspect RatioThe ratio between the height of the sidewall and its Section Width, expressed as a percentage. The lower the number, the lower the "profile" of the tire.
Wheel DiameterMost wheel rim diameters are measured in inches, and are known as "inch rim" sizes. These are found on most cars, vans, SUVs and light trucks. Some heavy trailers, van and trucks use a half-inch measure. In addition, some rims are measured in millimeters. It's very important that your tire and wheel diameter match exactly. This should be confirmed before installation.
20900-A Frederick Rd
Germantown, MD 20876
A BRAND YOU CAN TRUST
Michelin provides jobs to more than 111,000 citizens worldwide - 20% of those in North America alone. Headquartered in Greenville, SC, Michelin North America operates 18 manufacturing plants in 16 locations, where they produce Michelin truck tires, car tires and more.
Fun Fact: The Michelin Man, a figure now recognized worldwide, first appeared to great success in 1898. Even today the man of tires continues to evolve with the Michelin brand.
MICHELIN PROMISE PLAN™
- 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
- 3-Year Flat Tire Changing Assistance
- Limited Mileage Warranty
PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT
Combined with Michelin tires' long wear, safety, and other outstanding performance attributes, you can get Michelin Green X Tires, which offer longer wear and safety, plus energy efficiency and smaller carbon footprint.
The Michelin Defender™ is the new core standard passenger tire line from Michelin, and is the best standard passenger tire Michelin has ever made!
- IntelliSipe ™siping technology enables shorter wet stopping distances
- Constructed to deliver long wear life and optimized road contact during cornering
- Lower rolling resistance allows for reduced fuel cost
- 38 sizes to fit a wide complement of vehicles
The Pep Boys Difference
- Providing Auto Service Solutions since 1921
- ASE Certified Technicians
- State-of-the-Art Technology
- 6,000 Service Bays Nationwide
- Participation in the Motorist Assurance Program and, OUR PLEDGE