Steering and Suspension Services
You're suspension system helps you stay in control when you're on the road. Pep Boys can help ensure your safety by keeping your suspension system up to every twist and turn the road may bring.
Shocks and Struts Warning Signs
- Fluid leaking out of the shock or strut body
- Shock or strut bodies are dented or damaged
- Mounts or bushings are broken or worn
- Cupped, uneven tire wear
- Vehicle sways or leans on turns
- Vehicle "nose dives" when you apply the brakes
- Excessive bouncing after hitting a road bump
- Harsh, bumpy or shaky ride
- Steering is stiff or makes noise
Steering and Suspension Service Packages
Pep Boys Steering & Suspension System Evaluation
Your vehicle’s suspension system serves two primary purposes – managing road holding and handling and thereby the safety of your vehicle as it maneuvers on the road and maximizing driver and passenger comfort while minimizing bumps, vibrations and noise. Shocks and struts are integral components of the suspension system and their wear has a very real impact on the safety of your vehicle. Worn shocks and struts can affect how your wheels touch the road, causing dangerous swaying, hydroplaning, deteriorated performance and compromised road handling and holding.
The Pep Boys Steering & Suspension System Evaluation includes:
- Evaluation of steering and suspension components performed by an ASE-Certified Pep Boys technician including
- List of suspension repair recommendations with price estimates
Shock and Strut Replacement Service Package
The useful life of a shock or strut is roughly 50,000 miles. In that period, your vehicle’s shocks and struts will have cycled over 85 million times causing potential wear and tear on their internal components. If your vehicle’s mileage exceeds that amount, it might be time to consider replacing these suspension components. Worn suspension components may diminish the stability and therefore safety of the vehicle and reduce driver control. Signs of worn shocks and struts can include the front end of your vehicle diving upon braking, the rear end of your vehicle buckling upon acceleration, swaying on turns, bouncing, pulling, sliding, a crooked steering wheel, uneven tire wear and more. They may also accelerate wear and tear on other suspension system components and your tires. It is important to know shocks and struts do not always show visible signs of damage or wearing.
Independent testing demonstrates that by replacing your shocks and struts after 50,000 miles, your vehicle’s stopping distance could improve by up to 10 feet. Pep Boys offers shock and strut replacement services designed specifically to restore your vehicle’s suspension system to factory specifications. New shocks and struts provide an improved ride, enhanced handling, better control, greater stability, shorter braking distance, advanced safety and superior comfort.
Shock and Strut Replacement Service Include:
- Thorough suspension system evaluation performed by an ASE-certified Pep Boys technician
- Replacement shocks and/or struts