Engine Diagnostic Services
Is your vehicle running bad or stalling? Is your check engine light on? The issue could be as simple as a loose gas cap or as complex as internal engine repair. Either way, Pep Boys can help. Pairing up state of the art equipment with our professional certified technicians, gives us the ability to diagnose the concern and determine what repairs are needed to get you safely back on the road.
Make an Appointment Now
10% off an Oil Flush Service
Once you have finished scheduling your appointment you will receive a printable coupon to take with you to your service appointment.
Make an Appointment Now and Get
$20 Off Engine Diagnostic Service
Once you have finished scheduling your appointment you will receive a printable coupon to take with you on your service appointment.
Engine Diagnostic Service Packages
Free Engine Light Code Pull Service Package
Stop guessing and start assessing! Know what is going on with your vehicle so you can make an educated decision that will put you and your passengers back on the road safely and with confidence.
The Pep Boys Free Engine Light Code Pull Service Includes:
- Quick and quality service performed by a professional Pep Boys technician
- A scan of your vehicle’s on board computer using state of the art equipment
- Documentation of the diagnostic trouble code(s) (DTC) and code description(s)
- A database check for any technical service bulletins issued by the vehicle manufacturer that may be related to the DTC(s)
- * Note - This service is only for vehicles manufactured from 1996 to the present
Engine Diagnostic Service
Once your vehicle’s on-board computer has been scanned and the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) have been retrieved, it is time to diagnose the malfunction.
The Engine Diagnostic service includes:
- Quality service performed by a professional Pep Boys technician
- Road test of vehicle to verify complaint (if running)
- Visual inspection of engine compartment for obvious electrical
or vacuum related conditions
- Complete battery and charging system analysis
- One or more of the following tests: fuel pressure, spark, compression,
- An answer to the cause of the malfunction
- Estimate for repair
- Courtesy vehicle inspection
*** Servicing a hybrid vehicle usually requires removal of trunk access panel for power supply access, shut off and reconnection
*** Hybrid vehicle service will result in an additional $15.00 fee