Pep Boys' scooters and other personal transportation products have proven to be popular items for off-road recreational use, and when and where allowed, as energy-efficient modes of transportation.
- Safety Recommendations
- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission offers these important safety recommendations for off-road riders:
- Wear a helmet, knee pads and elbow pads.
- Children under age 8 should not use non-powered scooters without close adult supervision. Children under 12 should not ride motorized scooters.
- Ride only on appropriate safe surfaces.
- Don't ride in traffic.
- Don't ride at night—riders can't see where they're going or be seen by others.
- Wear sturdy shoes and clothing.
- Riders should check with local authorities for local laws.