How to Know if You Need A/C Maintenance
A well-functioning air conditioning system is a must during hot weather, times of high humidity (such as rainstorms), or during times of high-pollution levels.
If you're experiencing any of the problems listed below, you may be in need of air conditioning maintenance. Call your local Pep Boys to schedule an appointment for an A/C Quick Check or Deluxe A/C Tune-Up.
Warning signs of air conditioning problems:
- A/C system doesn't cool vehicle to set temperature
- Fan/blower does not work when set in A/C mode
- When the fan/blower works, it is louder than usual
- Some or all of the dash controls do not work when operated
- Heater, top and side vents, or defroster do not work
- A/C or engine makes loud noises when the heat or A/C is turned on
- Vehicle stalls or idles roughly when A/C is turned on
- Vehicle runs hot or overheats when A/C is on
- There is water on the car's floor
- Electric engine cooling fan quickly cycles on and off
- Unusual odors come from interior vents
- A/C unit has not been serviced in a long time
- Windows fog when defroster is turned on
- Keep your air conditioner operating correctly year round! Have regular A/C maintenance done at your local Pep Boys.