Pep Boys Announces “Open to Buy” Days for New Products
PHILADELPHIA – June 13, 2011 – The Pep Boys — Manny, Moe & Jack (NYSE: “PBY”) the nation’s leading automotive aftermarket service and retail chain, announced today that it will hold a two-day “Open to Buy” event in July.
The Company invites both current and new merchandise suppliers to its headquarters building in Philadelphia to present innovative, groundbreaking products for on-the-spot buying consideration.
- Interested suppliers can register for a 20-minute appointment to present NEW products or product lines to Pep Boys’ category managers. (Note: This is supplemental to existing category line reviews.)
- Appointments will be available on Wednesday, July 13 and Thursday, July 14 between 8 a.m. and 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. at Pep Boys’ corporate headquarters (3111 W. Allegheny Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132)
- Please visit http://www.mannymoeandjack.com/opentobuy.htm to complete a registration form. No calls are to be placed directly to the category management team to request an appointment.
- Suppliers and potential suppliers should be prepared with documented facts and market and sales data about their product(s), as well as a good case for why their product(s) serve the needs of Pep Boys’ customers. The presentation will need to be concise, as appointments are brief.
- Pep Boys WILL make order commitments on both days
- Suppliers are limited to bringing no more than two or three attendees to present their product(s)
- Samples can be presented during the appointment; none are to be sent in advance
About Pep Boys
Pep Boys has approximately 7,000 service bays within more than 700 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico. Along with its vehicle repair and maintenance capabilities, the Company also serves the commercial auto parts delivery market and is one of the leading sellers of replacement tires in the United States. Customers can find the nearest location by calling 1-800-PEP-BOYS or by visiting www.pepboys.com.
- Media Contacts: Regina M. Tracy
- Public Relations Manager, Pep Boys